Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday report

My Beloved's sister wanted to be in line at the Toys R Us in order to get some kind of robotic rodent that is all the rage this year. I had never taken part in the Black Friday madness so I wanted to see what it was all about.

The sale started at midnight, we got there about 20 till. There was 500-1,000 folks out standing in the 30 degree weather. There were no parking spots nearby, we finally found one about three-quarters of a mile away and sat in the car to watch.

Twice sitting in that parking lot we were almost hit by crazies driving like mad. So we left.

We stopped in at the WalMart to pick up a few items. Their Black Friday sale starts at 5 a.m. There were only a handful of folks there, mostly gathered waiting in the electronics section.

I turned the corner in the grocery and found an older man sitting on the floor. Took me by surprise until I saw the sign he was sitting next to stating that that was the start of the line for the 46-inch televisions.

Well, I was curious to see what it was all about, and now I've seen plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment