Monday, October 26, 2009

Uplifting power of family

Thursday evening I was dead tired, very stressed out and just feeling pretty crappy. I wanted nothing more than to go home, pop in a movie and veg out the rest of the evening. But we'd promised the grandparents that we would come over for dinner. So following my afternoon bus route we headed for Fort Scott.

As we were just getting to town, I told Noel, "I really shouldn't have come, I am so tired. I wish we'd just called and said we couldn't make it." But we were there, so we went.

And I am so glad we did.

Grandma had made a simple pot roast that was delicious. And we sat around and talked and watched an episode of Survivor and I left still feeling exhausted, but the stress and crapiness was gone. I was tired, but having spent the evening with them I felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment